Stephen D. White, Director/Chief Appraiser
PO Box 649
Marietta, GA 30061-0649
736 Whitlock Ave, Suite 200
Marietta, GA 30064
Tel: (770) 528-3100
Fax: (770) 528-3118
- View tax records
- Download tax forms
To produce an annual tax digest that conforms to the requirements of Georgia Law and Rules and Regulations of the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- The Board of Tax Assessors, an independent body appointed by the Board of Commissioners, is responsible for placing a fair and equalized value on all taxable property.
- The Board of Commissioners sets the millage rate.
- The billing and collection of taxes is the responsibility of the Tax Commissioner.
- Jan. 1 of each year is the assessment date in Georgia. Accordingly, all property must be valued for ad valorem taxes based on its condition and use as of Jan. 1.
The Board of Tax Assessors is responsible for handling the following applications:
- Property Tax Exemption;
- Inventory Freeport Exemption;
- Conservation Use